Our Policy – Terms Used
In this Policy “we” or “us” refers to Imperial PFS Payments Canada, ULC and our affiliates.
“You” refers to anyone who visits our website(s), uses our mobile application, our clients, and anyone who engages with our services.
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means information that can identify an individual directly, or indirectly through reasonably available means; however, personal information does not include business contact information that is used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual in relation to their employment, business, or profession.
Information we Collect
- Credit Card Number
- Bank Information (automatic and one-time payments)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Information to authenticate your identity (driver’s license, etc.)
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information you provide in the course of discussing your transactions with us
- Information from public sources such as internet sites, registries or public records
- Information from credit reporting and financial institutions relating to your credit history and record
How do we Collect your Personal Information?
Personal information may be collected in a number of ways, including from you when you submit an application for a loan, through our website, in person, by mail, by email, via our applications or other software, and from third parties which you have authorized to disclose personal information to us.
If you provide information about a third party or authorize a third party to do so, we will assume you have taken proper measures to obtain informed consent.
(b) Phone calls
For the purpose of maintaining quality service, telephone calls to our customer service lines may be recorded. If your call is subject to a quality assurance program, you will be advised prior to speaking with a representative.
(c) Social media
If you post a review, make a comment, or otherwise submit personal information on a public forum such as social media accounts or public forums on our website or other applications, your communications may be viewable by the public.
How we use your Information
We use your information in ways that are reasonably connected to why you have engaged with Imperial PFS Canada. For example, if you are applying for a payment plan, we use your personal information to process payment plans. If you have a payment plan or other agreement with us, we use your personal information for purposes of fulfilling our obligations under the agreement, or to protect our rights or the rights of others arising from the agreement. Without limiting the foregoing examples, we will also use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide the financial service you request
- to respond to your inquiries or other communications
- to manage our risk and operations
- to provide services and product management – maintaining and improving our products and services and otherwise running and managing our business in the ordinary course
- to communicate with you. We use your data to communicate with you via phone, email and text, including with regard to newsletters or other communications to which you have subscribed or those in which we believe you to be interested
- for business development and market research purposes. We use data to understand demographics, interests, usage patterns, and other characteristics of customers. We may use your information to create reports or data analyses to aggregate information with other customers
- to offer tailored content and promotional materials to you and for other marketing and advertising purposes including administering surveys, contests, draws, and raffles, offering tailored content, and promotional materials
- to provide customer support – assisting you when you contact our customer support services, including to direct your questions to appropriate individuals, investigate and address any of your concerns, and to improve and monitor our customer support responses
- to meet and comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Imperial PFS Canada discloses personal information for purposes reasonably connected to the reasons we’ve collected and used the information. For example, when you apply for a loan or financial assistance, we may disclose personal information to credit reporting and financial institutions for purposes of obtaining credit reports and history on you.
In addition, Imperial PFS Canada shares personal information with:
(a) Service Providers
Third parties who provide services for our benefit and to the extent relating to the services you have requested from us or otherwise reasonably related to our relationship with you (such as third-party technology companies, cloud storage providers, data analytics providers) to ensure we can provide the services you’ve asked for.
(b) Payment Providers
We do not store your payment information (i.e. debit/credit cards), this is shared directly with our third-party payment providers
(c) When Legally Required or Permitted
We may disclose personal information in situations where we are legally required or permitted to do so. These situations may include to enforce or protect our rights, criminal investigations, government tax reporting requirements, court orders, or instances where we believe the rights and safety of others may be at risk.
If you believe that a third party has inappropriately disclosed your personal information to us, please contact that third party directly. If the third party does not sufficiently respond to your inquiries, please let us know immediately.
Imperial PFS Canada may also share some or all your personal information to negotiate and complete any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, or similar transaction.
If another company acquires Imperial PFS Canada or our business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that company. We may also retain your personal information and continue using and disclosing it if there is only a partial sale of Imperial PFS Canada or our business or assets.
Access and Updating of your Information
You have a right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you. Please note, however, that access to your personal information may be limited in certain circumstances. Access may be denied when:
- it is required by law
- information is related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- granting access would have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy
- the request is frivolous
If we deny you access, we will explain why.
You may also contact us to verify the accuracy of your personal information, or to update the information we have about you.
Keeping your Information Safe
The protection of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We use many methods to ensure your information is protected, such as passwords to log on to
Imperial PFS Canada and its service providers may store and process your personal information outside of Canada, including in the United States. Imperial PFS Canada and its service providers may be compelled to provide your personal information to foreign courts, governments and law enforcement authorities.
Personal Information Outside of Canada
Imperial PFS Canada may use service providers outside of Canada, such as the United States. In such event, personal information will be stored and processed by us and our third parties for purposes set forth herein outside of Canada. You acknowledge and agree that, as a result, your personal information may be processed, used, stored or accessed in other jurisdictions and may be subject to the laws of those jurisdictions. For example, information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in other countries. If you have any questions in this regard, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as the contact information below.
Retention of your Personal Information
Imperial PFS Canada retains your personal information for the period necessary in order to provide you with the financial products and services you’ve requested, and to comply with legal obligations, or longer as permitted by applicable law. Imperial PFS Canada will dispose of your personal information when it is no longer permitted to be retained.
This Policy and all related matters shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable federal laws of Canada.
If any personal information about another individual is provided to Imperial PFS Canada by you, it is understood that you have obtained all required consents and authorizations to do so.
Inquiries and Request for Access
If you have questions about Imperial PFS Canada’s privacy practices, or wish to access your personal information, please contact Imperial PFS Canada by phone or mail at:
Imperial PFS Canada
Attn: Privacy Officer
1 Toronto Street Suite 1011
Toronto, ON M5C 2V6